From:
"Monfils, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:44:41 -0400
Marcus,

This program is really interesting.  I did note that the pictures of some
areas are much sharper than those of other areas.  The pictures of my own
city (Providence, Rhode Island) are great!  I found my own house, and could
see not only the roof but specific plants and other features in my yard!  A
little stone wall and even a yard swing.  Cars on roads can be seen clearly
enough to make a reasonable guess as to the make of the vehicle. Not bad
from outer space!  Cape Town, South Africa also looked very sharp.  However
when I attempted to find the home of a friend in Illinois, the resolution
looked ok from an altitude of 3,000 feet, but as I zoomed in closer it
became fuzzy, and I couldn't even make out individual houses.

It was also interesting to look at some of my local collecting areas.  I can
clearly see shallower and deeper areas, sandbars, channels, small islands,
little hidden inlets and other features, some of which I didn't know
existed!

Thanks for the link!

Paul M.