From:
Lyle Therriault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 19:59:15 -0400
John,

I have two c. adamsonii, and both were collected in the Cook
Islands.....Aitutaki, to be exact, in clean sand at around 100 foot depths.

I have been told by several people that adamsonii can be found frequently
there, but "where"  AT that location remains a mystery.

Here is some additional info you might find useful.

Seashell-Collector has a nice brief article with nice pictures of the
species,
http://www.seashell-collector.com/articles/2004/conidae%20tahiti/adamsoniiEN
.htm

Here is a photo of the lectotype,
http://biology.burke.washington.edu/conus/recordview/record.php?ID=32l79&shw
=1101113&ref=g

I know there are more articles, etc about adamsonii out there.....this is
one species among many of the cones which deserves more research.

Lyle