From:
"Jose H. Leal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 15:35:59 -0400
Just read my own message, and noticed that I wrote "TWO Thousand
Leagues..." instead of "TWENTY Thousand Leagues...", a little deeper...

At 01:53 PM 8/12/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Kevin,
>
>At 11:26 AM 8/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>What is your favorite mollusc/mollusk scene in a movie?
>
>Huge tentacles reaching through the submarine's hatchway, humongous eyes
>peeking through the panoramic portholes... Hard to beat the sequence of the
>giant squid attack on Captain Nemo's "Nautilus" in the classic Hollywood
>rendition of Jules Verne "Two Thousand Leagues Under the Sea".

Jose H. Leal, Ph.D.
Director, The Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum
Editor-in-chief, THE NAUTILUS
3075 Sanibel-Captiva Road
Sanibel, FL 33957 USA
(941) 395-2233; fax (941) 395-6706

"But fit the facts together in any other way and you get more nonsense
instead of less." -- Travis McGee