From:
Karlynn Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 00:38:17 -0400
Kevin S. Cummings wrote:

> Next.  Someone  has posted this suggestion before, but it would be nice for
> those posting to the list to have a SHORT sign off with the city and
> country of the sender.  I think it is very interesteg to see where everyone
> is from and I can't always tell from the e-mail address.

I subscribe to another LIST which requires membership in my professional
organization to have access to the LIST.  Each member's name and home
town and state is posted at the end of their message.  This information
is obtained from the sign-up form when subscribing.  I personally find
it helpful to know where the writer lives and have some idea of the size
of the community they live in.  I'm not sure that this is important
information for us to know on Conch-L, but it WOULD be interesting to
know.

As I recall, this information is not asked for when we subscribe to
Conch-L and may be impossible to append to each and every e-mail the
list receives.  Perhaps it would be better if everyone attached a
signature file to their e-mail messages.  This is not difficult to do
using Netscape, but I don't know how difficult it would be with AOL.
--
          ___
        _[   ]_     Karlynn Morgan