From:
"E. Heiman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 14:41:46 +0200
Hi Olivier,
I agree with you  but cannot understand  what is it, for example, Conus
textile f. neovicarius?
C. textile neovicarius da Motta, 1982 is described as a subspecies from the
Red Sea.  According to the ICZN:104 forms are "Those individuals of a
species or subspecies differing, in a stated way, from other individuals
within the taxon (e.g. larval and adult forms, male and female forms,
ecological forms, and seasonal forms)."
Forms are individuals, not populations as a whole, which can be diagnosed by
statistical shell characteristics. There is no such a form Luria pulchra f.
sinaiensis but there is a subspecies Luria pulchra sinaiensis. It is
interesting to know arguments in the support of the opposite opinion.
Ed