From:
Marie Vicksta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:52:24 -0500
Hi all,

My name is Marie Vicksta and I'm a student at the university of
wisconsin.  This field is entirely new to me, but I may have the
opportunity to go to Ecuador this summer to do a study on a clam species,
andara tuberculosa, on the coast.  I an planning to do a population study
in order to help the people there to create a sustainable management plan
to bring back the population and hopefully help with mangrove
restoration.  I am also thinking of looking at the water quality and
contamination levels in the clams.  Since I am entirely new to this, I was
wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to sampling techniques, but any
information that you all could throw my way would be much
appreciated.

Thanks
Marie