From:
Wallace Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:29:14 -0600
Nabih,
   You can place tiny specimens in a small, cylindrical vial with cotton to
keep them from rattling around too much. Then you can apply a line of white
enamel paint to the outside of the glass; when the paint dries in a day or
so, write the catalog number on the paint surface in India ink. For really
tiny shells, I use micropaleontology slides. You should be able to find them
on the Web. They have a cardboard base with a recessed area in black with a
numbered grid printed in white. A meat holder and glass slide complete the
ensemble.