Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 16:39:59 -0400
Your right about sea level can't change in one spot but ahs anyone been
looking into the fact that the sea might be rising all over the world , I'm
sure the first place you'd notice the sea rising a foot or so would be on an
island that is only 2 ft above high tide mark. by the way there is no set
"sea level" the ocean is quite a bit higher on the Atlantic side f the
Panama canal then on the pacific side. even in the pacific there are some
areas that are higher than others, the national geographic used a satellite
in the early 80's to determine the actually surface height and much to their
amassment the ocean differs quite a bit . Why? this I don't know. most
likely it's either atmospheric pressure or maybe a heavy wind , mark