From:
Bill Fenzan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2006 12:11:38 -0400
Hi Jordan,

The book I found most helpful for learning how to use Microsoft Access is
Access 97 Expert Solutions (Paperback)
by Stan Leszynski.  A quick search on Amazon.com shows 21 copies available
from $4.45.  It is for a non-current version of Access, but provides
information and insight on how to write VBA code that is very useful in
controlling what happens in the database if you go beyond using the wizards
to build your application.

Another resource that you may find helpful is the new book:

The Mollusks
A Guide to Their Study, Collection, and Preservation
by C. F. Sturm, T. A. Pearce, and A. Valdis (eds.)

I believe it has a chapter on databases that has very helpful information on
data structures specific to shell collection databases.  I have ordered a
copy of the book myself, but have not received it yet.

Hope this helps.

Bill Fenzan
Norfolk, Virginia