From:
Bob & Betty Lipe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 17:38:54 -0400
I just got back on Conch L a week ago.  Just been reading and not commenting
on anything.  I don't think we have the over collecting problem in our area,
because of so many laws about not picking up anything alive in certain
counties.  We have some red tide this year and last year we had the worse
red tide that I had ever seen.  It killed tens of thousands of fish and
shells.  It will be sometime before they come back.  Divers keep me informed
as to what is going on out there.

I don't like the beach reclamation, because I don't think they know what
they are doing.  Madeira Beach put pilings down years ago and they have had
their beach on the north side of Johns Pass for as long as I have been here.
We came here in 1957.  Actually Tampa Bay was in worse shape 15 years ago
when so much filling and dredging was going on.  The water is much clearer
now.  That's it for now.  I'm still collecting Marginellas of course.  I'm
waiting on the new book.  I've always had my name and address signed.

Bob Lipe
Visit us at our website
http://www.theshellstore.com
or visit us at