From:
Robert Avent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 08:25:09 -0400
     I have been a member of the Nature Conservancy, Union of Concerned
     Scientists, Audubon Society, Sierra Club, one of the marine
     conservation ones, friends of the zoo, and probably others.  Of these,
     there is only one, the NC, that puts its money where its mouth is.
     They quietly and efficiently reserve and conserve critical and
     unperturbed habitats for future generations.  Some of the others do OK
     work, and their messages and education programs can be very good.
     When you see that beautiful savannah or original prairie and know that
     you couldn't afford on your own to save a half-acre, think of the NC.
     And they do it better than any government and without the need for
     approval of the general public.

     If you have a few extra bucks, you might consider them.  Really.