From:
Dan Yoshimoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2006 23:36:05 -0800
Hi Phil,
        Thanks for the encouragement; it's always nice to know that one's
work is appreciated and useful.  The project will continue and we hope to
make it "Noah's Ark of Humboldt Bay" and document ALL the flora & fauna of
the bay.  We've had some folks offer us their work with fish, birds,
polychaetes but the mollusks, echinoderms, algaes we'll do on our own and
leave the bryozoa and other strange invertebrates to those that work in
those fields.
        This project has been good for me as working with jeff Robinson has
given me purpose and a good friend here in Eureka.  Almost all of my
friends are folks from Southern California so I sort of feel like an
uprooted plant placed in a desert.  Thank goodness for Jeff.
        In the middle of January I hope to be in Southern California for a
couple of weeks, taking care of Hiromi's mom and giving her brother and
sisters a break.  I'll be attending a college graduation for one of my 1981
"Gang Girl students (turned counselor & teacher) and a "quinceañera" for
her daughter.  2 great invitations from a special student. I'll also be
seeing our Mollusk Lover friends, some of my teaching friends and, if it's
not raining too much do a little shelling on low tides.  I'll let you know
exactly when I'll be around and maybe we can get together at your office
for lunch one day.
        Well, thanks again for your kind words.
Dan
p.s.  If you'd like to announce the website on Las Conchas, or use some of
the pictures in an article, let me know and I'll send you a disk with all
the photos (and more)from the website, on a CD disk.

>Dan,
>
>You and Jeff are to be congratulated for an outstanding pictoral survey of
>the species found in Humboldt Bay.  This will be a usefull resource for
>West Coast enthusiasts.
>
>Phil Liff-Grieff
>La Crescenta, California

Dan, Hiromi & Kuma Yoshimoto