Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 06:31:13 -0500
WWSS1238 wrote:

> Hi Jose,  I think my first reply got cut off.  You made me feel bad.  I
> thought everyone knew "WWSS" [Worldwide Specimen Shells]!  When I collected, I
> collected everything...now, I try to sell everything!  As far as "NBOTBTM"
> goes..."New Boy On The Block Trouble Maker"
> of course.  Yes, you could say I am a Southerner...I live in "LA"...also known
> as "Lower Alabama"  aka NW Fla., aka Ft Walton Beach, Florida....Ed.

It's so nice up there.  How's the shelling been this winter.  That is
the true south up there. I'm originally from Tennessee and I miss the
way ya'll (we'all) talk.  Way down here in Miami there isn't much of an
accent unless your'e from NY,Canada.Germany or Cuba.  Not knockin
anyone, just miss the True South.  Anyway this has been a real nice
winter for the Strombus Rainus down here, we have found some real
beauties with peach and tangerine innards.  There has even been some
nice, fresh dead Strombus Gigas, especially the imature rollers.  This
actually worries me a bit as these have been scarce down here for many
years.  We used to find the bleached out, long dead ones on the beache
and huge pieces but never these beautiful, almost perfect gems with the
perio. still intact but no animal.  We do see a few live adults and
children but we let them be.  A few beautiful multi-colored pectins have
been showing themselves as well as some small oysters with the most
beautiful mother of pearl innards.  Maybe the El Nino will bring some
Volutes our way!  I would love to trade with someone who has access to
the more dramatic volutes (Festilyria Festiva, or Voluta ebreca, and/or
Carrier shells (can't find the latin reference this early and it's not
in the book in my lap).  Anyway,that's my ramble for this morning.
Everyone have a good day..Michael of Michael and Marcie Huggins, Bay
Harbor FL.