From:
"Julia E. Bishop" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 12:49:03 EDT
Hi again RoseSea,

When I saw the Clearwater, my heart skipped a beat for sure.  That
beach is where I took my very first steps and collected my very first
shells.  That was in 1935, and I still have a few of the coquina shells
that I picked up before I was a year old, thanks to my mother.  I wish
I could tell you how beautiful that beach was all those years ago.  I
had an aunt who lived in Clearwater, and most weekends in the summer,
my family spent there as their guests for many years.  The drive from
Lakeland was not so bad, although a lot slower than nowadays.

After the dredging off Venice beach , I was fortunate enough to be
included in a group who were there to collect fossils and we found
so many great shark's  teeth and other things.  That was about 32
years ago.

If the same thing is going on in Clearwater, you should find very much
the same kinds of things as well as the shells.....anyway, the best of
luck to you.   I will be watching to learn about the dredging.

With best regards.
Julia Bishop

<< >