From:
WWSS1238 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 08:18:45 EST
Hi Michael,
       Now, that is what I call an interesting reply.  We have had a really
cold and especially wet winter up here in the "north" [Florida, that is!].  We
were told by the El Nino experts to get out our wading boots this winter and
they sure called it!  It has been having some real unusual effects as well.
Our Gulf fishing has really improved.  The "party boats" have been coming in,
reporting catching Red Snapper on the close-in reefs [half-day reefs, we call
them], like they used to do 15-20 years ago and they are catching Grouper off
our local pier...absolutely unheard of!  I don't dive anymore, but a couple of
my diving friends are telling me that the local diving has been great due to
the cold water and extra clear water.  I haven't been locally shelling for
several years now and have missed a few shell club meetings as well lately, so
I can't report on the shelling up here; but I do know that a local boy is
suppost to be bring me a "bunch of them Spiny things"!
Ed