From:
Matt Blaine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:59:30 +0100
These were collected in NC and were beach collected and all dead. I was told
that the "black fossils" from Portsmouth, NC are somewhat famous. They were
washed in from off shore deposits over the winter apparently. We have one
(one valve) oyster and several whelks.

I am not set up at the moment to take photographs.
Matt