From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 00:35:34 -0700
Gee Ross, welcome back.

I would hate to see what happens if you ever get bumped off for a really
extended period.  And to think that all this time I thought classical
music was country/western music before Johnny Cash got straight and
before Willie had a ponytail.  This is sure an educational site!!

Speaking of which, I recently bought some beach drift/shell grunge or
whatever from Robert and Betty Lipe at The Shell Store.  He had a bit of
this stuff from Puerto Rico that he apparently inherited when he moved to
a new place of business.  Digging through this stuff has provided me with
an intense lower back pain and a lot of very interesting shells.  Most of
these guys have the battle scars to show they have been beating around
with rocks and such  and would be of little interest to a gem only
collector.  However, some were in pretty good shape (F- to F) and many
were not only new to me but I know I will never identify them.  Until
this time I never realized why anyone would mess with micro-shells, but
this was a kick.  So much so that I have ordered more of this stuff.

In the end I will probably stay with larger shells if for no other reason
than my eyes are no longer equipped to deal with objects closer than my
arms can reach or smaller than size 14 font.

Tom Eichhorst (now importing the beach to the desert)