From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 10:31:45 -0400
Hi David:

Welcome aboard.  My husband and I have been collecting shells for 35 years now.
Our collection is up to 7,000 species.  We are in the middle of cataloging them
on our computer.  It is a long tedious job.  We are doing one family at a time.

We began collecting shells on the coast of  California and made trips to the off
shore islands and Catalina.  We also collected for many years in Mexico.

We are now living in Florida....and spend a lot of time in the Caribbean.  In
fact we are leaving for the Bahamas in the morning.

Our entire collection has been built up by self-collecting or trading.  Send us a
trade list.

Jim is now also making trips to the Philippines.  We dive and snorkel.  Jim is
president of the Astronaut Trail Shell Club and I am Shell Show Chairman.  We are
also active in Conchologists of America....we have published articles.

Where are you from?

In April while in Eleuthera snorkelling in Tarpum Bay in about 3 feet of water I
found a plastic bag obviously full of something.  I picked it up and it had three
fresh-dead Charonia variegata ....meat was hanging out and opercs in tack.    I
was elated.  I finned back to shore and ran to the cottage to show my husband.

I now have taken all three species and made animal models for them.  That was
probably one of my most unusual finds.

You will have fun on here... I guaranty it.

Bobbi

--
Jim & Bobbi Cordy
Specializing in Self-Collected