From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 20:54:41 +1300
Does anyone have a copy of the issue of "Visaya" with the original
description of Guildfordia superba GT Poppe, Tagaro & Dekker 2005
which they'd be prepared to photocopy for me? Unfortunately there
were no reprints of papers published in "Visaya", which is a real
pain.

I keep seeing G. yoka offered under this name by dealers who should
know better. It is possible that G. superba is just an ecomorph of G.
yoka, but the regular and gently-recurved open spines of G. superba
are different to any other species I have seen, including the 6
fossil species in NZ. The other species are pretty consistent in
characters, apart from the spines of G. aculeatus sometimes becoming
obsolete on the penultimate whorl. G. superba is also larger than any
other Recent species, though much smaller than one of the undescribed
NZ fossils.

I would like a copy of the paper to be absolutely certain that G.
superba is what I think it is.