From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:02:30 -1100
Thanks for the all the info and opinions, and special thanks
to Bob Dayle for making the HSN excerpts available on the
internet!  It's still great information.  I pay for my access by
the hour, so my internet bill is going to be a little high this
month...I have read almost all of the articles that have been
posted so far, and found the Issue 68 especially interesting.
The photo of the eglantina is exactly what the deeper water
versions from Samoa still look like.  I have found a few that
are smaller, more slender, and have either small blotches
on the spire or totally lack them, all from shallow water.
The arabicas here are extremely variable though, even un-
der the same rock.  The one depicted is fairly typical.

I'm tempted to compare my own observations to Dr. Burgess',
but I realize all this info may have been updated dozens of
times since the '60's.  It does sound like his main collect-
ing area was one that I only recently located.  Wes is in-
cluding a report on this area in next month's HSN "Recent
Finds."

Manuia,

Don