From:
MR ART WEIL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 23:05:01 -0500
Well, it seems that what we are discussing is how animal dropings
miles from any bay or ocean effect the lives of mollusks. I doubt if
the droppings of bufalo, at one time in the millions, ever had such
an effect. One reason being that the dried droppings were used for
fuel. The raising of poke chops and hamburger-on-the-hoof in ever
increasing numbers does seen to offer the threat of some imbalancing
of the natural environment. It's worth talking about.
        Art