From:
Wesley Thorsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:14:57 -1000
I have been asked by his daughter to share with shellers the news of the
death of Bob Purtymun.

He was not a member of CONCHL but will be remembered for his frequent
articles in the printed Hawaiian Shell News entitled "Recent finds"

Bob lived in Honolulu for quite a few years working as a building
construction supervisor and returned to the San Francisco area after he
retired some years back.

Bob and I shared many dives in my boat here in Hawaii and in other areas
including Mexico (3), Majuro (2), Ponape, Guam (3), Yap, Philippines (many
islands visited on a yacht), Solomon Islands (another charter dive tour to
places of our choice), Palau, Australia, Tonga, and American Samoa (several
weeks while he was working there).

He was great at finding new species and several were named for him.

Aloha, Wes Thorsson

New Email:  [log in to unmask]
IHSN URL
http://s190418054.onlinehome.us/index.html
All IHSN and HSN Issues from 1960 to date are linked as well as IHSN and HSN
references and indices

Wesley Thorsson
122 Waialeale St.
Honolulu  HI  96825-2020