Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 12:09:51 -0700
Kurt Auffenberg wrote:

> Lynn,
>
> OK, I'll stay on, but only for you.  All of us owe you so much.  I'll try
> to hang in there.
>
> Kurt

Hello!

Hi Kurt,

The Powers that be are very happy that you are staying.

I sent a gentleman from the Iberian penninsula your way with lots of
questions about land/tree snail ID's.
I think he went to Cuba and collected/bought lots of Vianas etc etc.
Some stuff he put up on Bret's site but he has a bunch more. Are there
any other experts on the list that you know of that may help him ID? I
was going to give him Dr. Lee's e-mail but I did not know if he would do
shell ID's.

Now that you are into the Paleo stuff; do you know of any fossil/semi
fossil Liguus from Cuba or surrounding mainland territory like the
Yucatan? Guess Fla is a bit too young except for some incipient semi
fossil Ligs. We found a mineralized (for lack of a better term) one at
the base of an uprooted Lysiloma (about 20 years ago). Should have kept
it!

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power
(Dad)