From:
"Harry G. Lee, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 19:44:13 -0500
Dear listers,

I have E. caudata from NJ, NC, SC, GA, and most CFL counties from GA to Palm
Beach.  The type locality is the "Eastern Coast."  A. A. Gould (1870)
provided what I think is the northern limit with his "Buzzards Bay,
Nantucket, and Martha's Vineyard" (all MA) citations.

Harry

At 01:07 PM 1/24/98 -0800, you wrote:
>When did E. caudata get into the picture?  Mr. Herbert's question was about
>the feeding habits of E. sulcidentata.
>Howmsoever, I've observed occasioanal live E. caudata in the Banana River,
>Brevard County, as far north as Port Canaveral as recently as 1995.  I've
>collected dead specimens farther north up to Ponce Inlet.  Paula
>Mikkelsen's paper reports it only as far north as the Indian River at
>Titusville.  Dr. Lee's contribution to this discussion yesterday indicated
>that he has records of E. caudata north of Peanut Island, but does not
>specify exactly how far north.
>
>Marlo
>
>----------
>> From: Betty and Bob Lipe <[log in to unmask]>
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>> Subject: Re: Eupleura behavior
>> Date: Friday, January 23, 1998 9:00 PM
>>
>> Art, I'm not sure, but I believe Eupleura caudata is on the NE coast.
>> Anyone else want to comment?
>>
>> Bob
>> --
>> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>> Bob & Betty Lipe mailto:[log in to unmask]
>> The Shell Store: http://theshellstore.com

Harry G. Lee
mailto:[log in to unmask]
Suite 500, 1801 Barrs Street