From:
makuabob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 08:24:32 -0500
There is a lot to be said for being able to write and read another
language (or several), even if -- as in my case -- you do it poorly.

A case in point is this this recent posting, which I submitted to the
translation machine at ALTAVISTA.COM

My own 2nd and 3rd languages are Spanish and German, but I got the
'drift' much better, I think, than anyone relying on this program
would get!

Aloha,

makuabob (a.k.a. Bob Dayle)
Cara Maria,

ti chiedo scusa di aver non ringraziato prima per la bella seria
della vostra rivista, ma purtroppo ho avuto problemi con il mio
computer causato d' un grave temporale. Nel quale numero
della Conchiglia viene stampato il contributo del Museo di Innsbruck.
Penso che dicevi nel settembre. Ti pregherei di inviarmi due
copie di questo numero, una per il museo e una per me.
Spero di risentirti ` piy presto e porgo i nostri migliori saluti,
anche da parte della mia madre.
Beloved Maria,
I ask you excuse to have before not ringraziato for
beautiful the serious one of your review, but unfortunately I have had
problems with my caused computer of a serious thunderstorm. In which
number of the Shell comes printed the contribution of the Museum of
Innsbruck. Task that you said in the september. You would pray yourself
of inviarmi two copies of this number, one for the museum and one for
me.

I hope more soon of risentirti ` and porgo our better salutes, also from
part of my mother.