Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 15:13:04 -0400
An adendium to my statement yesterday, in the last four years I've been
trading and shgipping shells i would advarage about 30-40 parcels per year
with maybe an occasional lost package , this is basically a normal loss
rate. in the last year I've had many more losses .  These losses are not
just packages going out but also inbound parcels. As for the Cordys and
their fantastic track record of suffering no losses my hats off to you and I
hope your luck holds out . thanks much for all of your suggestions and help
, Mark & Peta  Bethke
Hollywood, Florida

>I think five missing packages in a single year is a bit suspicious.  I
would start
>using another post office, although the problem could be a a central
processing
>point.  Usually they are too busy for such garbage to go on - but who
knows.
>Knocking on wood as I write this, I have been very lucky with shipments
through
>the mail, unless a package was sent that I didn't know about.  This  is a
danger
>when the sender does not specifically tell you, " The package was put in
the mail
>today."
>
>On the other hand I had two packages mailed the same day (confirmed by
e-mail);
>one from Portugal and one from Tennessee - in this case the one from
overseas beat
>the "local" package by almost one week.  I also thought a Strombus goliath
was
>lost when mailed from Brazil.  I had about given up hope when it finally
arrived -
>4 months later!  It obviously sat on a back shelf somewhere.
>
>Just one of the hazards of this great hobby, life work, slight interest,
>obsession, or whatever.
>
>Mark, by the way, I have a picture I will send your way of one of the 850
hot air
>balloons recently here for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.
This