Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2012 11:52:57 -0500
I feel the pain.  At a non-profit where I work for free has Access and
it worked well enough
for them until a force change in windows Office.  The new office killed
the older Access.
I was able to recover the database files with using Office 10 Excel.

I have a feeling that what happened to you is you exceeded a boundary
level of to many
total elements or items.  Do you have a backup of the database (on tape
or disk) that
IT did or yourself - sometime before the crash ?  That might help.
Sometimes IT does
backups at night and you have no idea what took place.  With luck - that
is the case.

I remember back in the old days when Finance was (Ha!) using a spreadsheet
to keep data in and generate some numbers.  Worked great until they
added more columns
than needed - and the file size was larger than a floppy!  They could no
longer move the
file about in the department.  I know because I was the White Knight
that saved an inquisition by
management. I was doing reports (Marketing and Engineering) on our large
pc with a math-co-processor
while they had small starters.   Days of the PC / XT / AT series.

Sometimes a simple update from MS replaces a system DLL dynamic linking
library in the windows
folder that changes system calls or functions.  The database might be
there in tact.  I'd backup what
you have just in case.

Martin