From:
Bert Bartleson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2014 22:11:39 -0700
Hi Chonchlers,

I need your help.  I have a lot of four land snails collected on bushes at
7000' elevation in the Andes Mountains near Huanuco, Peru.  Size 24 to 13
mm.  They are family - Orthalicidae,  labeled  as Scutulus edwardsi [no
author or date].  My question since I've searched the internet with no
success is, "What is the correct name for these snails?"  Is this name
valid, or possible, at this location?  The shells were collected in July
1981 by "Rags Ragland" according to the data slip in the bag.  Any help
would be much appreciated.  Probably acquired at COA silent auction in 2003
or 2007.

Bert Bartleson, Olympia, WA, USA