From:
Scott Schubbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 18:00:38 EST
Let me say first of all that I know not a thing about fakes. Tell me some
L'er, are fakes just mostly a casting of another shell, airbrushed and sealed?
Or is it a two-part process, then put together, to get all of the inner detail
that might not be caught in a one part process? If it usually is done in a
one-part type of casting, how would the inner whorls be re-created? I don't
think they could be. Then wouldn't Andy's X-ray idea detect those fakes
easily? What about a dental X-ray machine? Those units are small compared to a
unit needed to X-ray a leg, etc.

There's my 2 cents.
Scott
Florida