From:
Barbara Tan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 15:46:02 -0800
Dear Bobbi,
    Please elaborate efforts by various clubs in Florida on behalf of
shelling in Sandibel. I am involved with a nonprofit of a different
nature then conchology, so I know something of what is required to
advocate a minority or defend a  position where oppostion is unfair.
Quality of leadership, volunteer support, and the ability to articulate
position are some of the critical elements in a grass roots movement.
What do you mean when you say "they were knocked down before....".
    To blame failure and be overwhelmed by attorneys and money is not
examining your position objectively. Both in Orange County and in Los
Angeles there are organizations that specialize in nonprofit management.

Start with similar organizations in Florida and study the extensive
resources available on the net.
Barbara Tan
pacific shell club
LA/OC Metro