From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 09:35:22 -0700
I am a bit far from the beach action here in New Mexico but I was thinking of an
article for our club newsletter (and maybe a water issue publication) along the
beach replenishment, urban development, shipping damage, shell collecting,
wildlife protection issue of this current thread.  What I need are some photos I
can use in a computer in a computer image format, such as jpg, gif, bmp, tiff,
or whatever type of images.  The article should have pictures of dredging
operations to replenish a beach, a ship in a canal (tough to show ballast
dumping), canal dredging, a lone collector on a low tide mud flat, beach erosion
(i.e. natural wave action reclaiming a beach), beach development, a picture of
the hundreds of dead olives, etc.

Please send the images to me privately at [log in to unmask]

The article will be available to anyone who would like to copy and use it.  It
is a small start on all of this and certainly not legislative action, but it is
a start.  This is not a research paper but that should follow with some good
documentation.  Of course, none of this will change the mind of a single fanatic
who wants a glass wall between man and nature, but it just may serve as a small
bit in someone's arsenal when they face one of their local representatives.  I
have been in those shoes -- pictures and magazine type articles work.

If anyone has suggestions on this I am completely open to anything.  I may not
take them but I love listening.  So see if you have a picture.  Oh, and I can
also use hard copy, an actual picture.  It is just a bit tougher.

Tom Eichhorst
4528 Quartz Dr.
N.E.
Rio Rancho, NM 87124-4908