From:
Charles Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 09:05:26 -0500
Emilio,
  Your posting is correct.  The workshop itself will be on the morning of
Weds. July 7th.  The whole meeting of the AMU runs from the 5th through
the 9th.  I was originally thinking of a whole day workshop but got cold
feet.  The AMU has not run a program for amateurs in a munber of years,
some tell me decades (I've only been a member for 5 years).  Since I was
not certain how successful it would be, I was not willing to plan a
workshop for a whole day and ask for commitments of time from more people
than I already have.  If this one is successful, it is possible to repeat
such a workshop at the 2000 meeting, and possibly beyond.
  I worked on this part of the program with Bob Prezant, the incoming AMU
president, and he is interested in trying to help meet the needs of the
amateur community and thus the workshop was included in the meeting which
he is the organizer for.

Charlie
Charlie Sturm, Jr
Research Associate - Section of Invertebrate Zoology
                     Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Assistant Professor - Family Medicine