From:
Patty Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 21:26:52 +1100
Apparently - and correct me if this is not true - Linnaeus did not even
like shells!

I like all of your agruments for and against people. One must only conclude
that there are more than one definition for a 'best sheller'. I feel in
modern times he or she must be a driving force, somebody who keeps the
hobby alive, but someone who does so with tolerance and sensitivity. As for
the oldies, every region must have had their great taxonomists having named
many species. I, for one would love to travel back in time and meet
Linnaeus, but who knows, maybe he was really weird

Patty
WWW: http://www.capricornica.com

Capricornica Publications               on-line natural history bookshop
P.O. Box 345
Lindfield NSW 2070

phone/fax: 02 9415 8098 international: +61 2 9415 8098

E-mail: [log in to unmask]