From:
Ken Zentzis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 22:26:29 +0000
Hi James,

Welcome to the list! I began a serious interest in collecting at about your
age, and 25 years later, I'm still very much interested. This hobby of ours
can really be quite enriching. Many of my oldest and best friends were
initially met via shell collecting.

Hopefully, this will help answer your question: Conotalopia is a genus in the
subfamily Umboniinae, family Trochidae.  I can't find a reference to C.
minima, but it is one of the "Button Shells".  If you can find  the genus
Umbonium in a shell book, it may give you an idea as to its general appearance.

Ken Zentzis
Freezing in Wichita, Kansas