From:
Sarah Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 13:12:14 EST
Just got home after spending the night at the airport (and $1600 in vouchers
richer *grin*)  My comp died last week just before I left and I am still
working on getting it back up. I am using a friends comp until mine is all
better. I never was able to get phone numbers off it before I left so I wasn't
able to get in touch with anyone. I did however spend a day at the museum...
thanks again to  Dr. Jose Leal for taking time out of his busy schedule to
work with me.
'
  There was a really strong wind there on tuesday and the second low tide very
early on thursday morning was incredible. Still the best place to go is
between the 6 1/2 and the 9 1/2 mile marker... nobody is there and go at dawn.
There is also an exposed sand bar there that meets up with the shore at about
6 3/4 mark. Just loaded with the best live and fresh dead.   as usual don't
bother the live ones unless you want to pay for it.  I kept a little natica in
a containor for 2 days and just watched him (parental unit totally freaked
about it too *grin*) Since there is a major storm coming down now.. about
monday morning the shelling should be great if the winds die down. BTW.. Be
careful.  there is a red tide out there and  there has been plenty of dead
fish and other smelly dead things.. looks like Captiva was hit the worst.  I
found a few live Octopus joubini as well as several dead ones :-(   The Water
isn't too cold sorta like NJ and MD beaches in July, HOwever the water is
extremely murky and currents are a little strong.  I still have to finish
setting up EVERYTHING on my comp and retype all my papers and other items back
on

Sarah Watson