From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 14:08:59 PST
Dear Bronwen

Please contact me under e-mail [log in to unmask] Let me introduce
ourselves to you. My mother, Dr. jur. Irmgard Nisters, aged 87 years, and I,
aged 45 years, we both are responsible as honorary collaborators and
volunteers for the shell collection of the natural history department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck. The shell collection includes
mainly inlandshells from Europe and Mediterranean seashells and a few
exotic species to compare the material. We have a private European collection
too and are working on older  school collection, too, to get a well documentated
data bank of the Alps and other parts of Europe.
You can visit my homepage: www.netwing.at/nisters/ where you can find more
on our work.
I would be pleased to come in contact with you for an eventual changing of
material, as I want to complete the exotic families and localities, both on
sea shells (as Neritidae and other small families maybei some nice Australian
Cypraea of genus Zoila). I am just looking for Cypraea friendii for the musem
in Innsbruck for a long time. Maybe you can provide me one in changing with
some nice landshells from Austria and Northern Italy, including some micro-species. Many years ago I had one contact with the Australian Sea Shell
Museum in Sidney, I think more than 15 years ago.
I would be very pleased to hear from you as soon as possible-
with best shelling greetings to a new member on Conch-l and wellcome from
Innsbruck / Austria

yours sincerly Helmut Nisters