From:
NORA BRYAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:21:29 -0700
Hello, I am Nora Bryan from Calgary, Canada. Yes, I am a new shell
collector even though I live 1200 km from the ocean.  We have an
extensive collection of fossils (3500 species all fully identified, free
of matrix, etc.)) and  want to expand into modern shells. Interested in
all shell specimens at this time including mollusca and non-mollusca
(brachiopods, echinoderms, etc.). Have about 800 fossil brachiopod
species; 300 fossil cephalopods species; 250 fossil gastropods. Living
in Alberta, however, dino fossils make up the bulk ( bad pun!) of our
collection (also have unassuming non-marine Late Cretaceous mollusca
[Viviparus etc.] from Dino collecting badlands). We also have Also
'tons' of literature on fossil brachiopods, cephalopods, etc. Always
open to exchanges of specimens for fossils, etc. Look forward to posting
'help me' messages as I am certainly a novice when it comes to the great
world of modern shells.
Have learned lots so far from the Archived messages. Thanks.