From:
NORA BRYAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:26:43 -0700
A small point: those of you who took Latin remember memorizing all those
declensions. There are many exceptions to nouns ending in 'a'. 'us'. 'um'
that make them not the predictable gender (eg. agricola); also there are
adjectives that are different declensions. Yes, this sounds like the
Twighlight Zone. I really liked Latin but, geesh, it was more complicated
than.....