From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 01:47:26 -1100
Hi Patty,

I don't know.  The locals say they come into shallow water
to breed, but they are usually near a grazing area when you
find them, shallow or deep.  The colonies almost always
appear to be comprised of individuals of about the same age:
all juveniles, all young adults, or all gerontic.  And it doesn't
seem to take very long to go through the phases.  At least
for lambis scorpio, the area that is full of juveniles this year
will have lots of young adults next year, and a year later
most of the individuals in the area will look rather grizzled.

Don