From:
shelloak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 21:58:00 -0600
Some time back I sent a letter to Conch-L asking for your (all of you) help
in getting shells (extras) to Carol Adamson so she could use them as a
teaching aid.  Those of you that did I am very grateful for you help to
her, but she needs more, she would like to teach teachers to teach
childeren aboout shells, to do this.  If the teacher does not know anything
about shells, Carol can teach them, but she also needs shells to give to
the teachers so the teacher will have an idea of what shells of many places
look like.  She wants to give at least 10 shells of different species and
families to each teacher, to do this, she needs many more shells than what
she is getting.  I have to thank Paul Monfels for the big help he has given
Carol.  I my self am sending package of shells to Carol at least once a
week sometimes more.  Paul and I cannot do it all, Carol needs the help of
all of you, this is why I asked in the first place and this why I am now
asking again.  Each of you do not have to send as many as Paul and I are
doing, just afew will be a big help to this most worthy cause.  When you up
grade your collection, and have a couple of extras shells these Carol would
certainly put to good use.  Almost all of you out there at some time or
other I have given shells to with no charge, Now I am asking for your help.
 Will you please do this for me?   John Bernard   Tennessee