From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 12:56:58 -0500
(snip)
>Okay, okay, soooo what does all of this have to do with the crown of
>thorns and triton trumpets?  Well, the point is the controlling factor
>is bottom up: from the environmental change to the prey to the predator;
>rather than top down: where the predator controls the prey population.
>And who knows, it all may be linked to sunspots!  My point is that
>nothing is ever as simple or linear as many people like to think in the
>natural world.  The equation contains more than just the triton and the
>starfish.
(snip)
>Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA

Makes sense to me. But in Pennsylvania, we have a Game Commissioner who
just advocated shooting owls and raptors in order to increase the pheasant
population. We have to keep those morons from public office! Fortunately,
US Fish & Wildlife quickly stopped this lunacy.

John Wolff
2640 Breezewood Dr.
Lancaster, PA 17601, U.S.A