From:
Charles Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 17:51:09 -0500
Doug,
  Here is a list of some references that include the Caloosahatchee
Formation.

W.C. Mansfield, 1939. Notes on the Upper Tertiary and Pleistocene Mollusks
of Peninsular Florida. State of Florida Geol. Bull. No 18.  75 pages
including plates and figures

H.G. Richards, 1962. Studies on the Marine Pleistocene: Pt. I. - The
Marine Pleistocene of the Americas and Europe; Pt. II. - The Marine
Mollusks of Eastern North America.  Trans. of the Amer. Philosophical Soc.
New Series. Vol. 52 Pt. 3 pp 1-140 including 21 plates

W. Lyons, 1991. Post-Miocene Species of Latirus MONTFORT, 1810 (Mollusca,
Fasciolariidae) of Southern Florida, with a review of regional marine
biostratigraphy. Bull. Florida Museum Nat. Hist. Volo 35 No 3, pp 131-208,
including plates.

J.R. DuBar, 1958. Stratigraphy and Paleontology of the Late Neogene Strata
of the Caloosahatchee River Area of Southern Florida.  Fla. Geol. Surv.
Geol. Bull. No. 40, 242 pages and I believe 12 plates

E. Petuch, 1988. Neogene History of Tropical American Mollusks.  217 pages
including plates and figures.  This one is a book.

E. Petuch, 1991.  New Gastropods from the Plio-Pleistocene of Southwestern
Florida and the Everglades Basin.  64 poages + 10 plates.  soft covered
book.

Petuch, 1994.  Atlas of Florida Fossil Shells (Pliocene and Pleistocene
Marine Gastropods).  I don't have the # of pages or publisher listed.

These should give you a foothold in the Caloosahatchee Fm. and there are
other references in these works.

Charlie

Charlie Sturm, Jr
Clinical Instructor - Family Medicine
  University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Research Associate - Section of Invertebrate Zoology
  Carnegie Museum of Natural History