From:
"P.G. Albano" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:19:11 +0100
Hi to all,
        I am new subscriber to Conch-L. I am 21 and collect since the age of 8. I
am interested in worldwide marine molluscs, with special attention to
mediterranean, european and african ones. I like microshells very much too,
and actually the greatest part of my activity is on them (I pass hours
sorting specimens from detritus!).  I am a collector of malacological books
and magazines and I am always looking for new items to add to my library.
I am a scuba diver and I like travelling very much.
        In this period I am trying to enlarge my Nuculidae collection, since it is
very poor and I need material for comparison to identify some problematic
specimens.  If you have any material from the Mediterranean and the
Atlantic, also common species and loose but fresh valves, drop a line. I
will be glad to reply with mediterranean microshells.
        I am also building up a database which will contain all mediterranean
species with any information on their systematics, feeding habits, habitat,
distribution, collecting hints, in order to have a wider view on the
mediterranean malacofauna.  Also on this topic any suggestion or
contribution will be much appreciated.  I hope in the future to be able to
enlarge this project to the Lusitanic province.
        Best regards to all of you and Happy Shelling!
                                                Paolo

Paolo G. Albano
via Montebello, 7
I-40121 BOLOGNA