From:
Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 20:21:24 -0800
Hi,
I'm planning on using Access for my shell database as well.
Could you give me few pointers to get started. What tables, fields,
forms, etc have you made?
So far I'm thinking of one table for recording the shell lots
(catalog number, species, location, number of specimens,
quality, habitat, etc) and one for taxonomic information (such as
genus, species, families and authors, etc). I guess the two would
be connected by primary/foreign keys? (I'm new at this.)
Any other suggestions would be very greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Peter Egerton, Vancouver, Canada

You wrote:
>I use Access 97 by Microsoft and find it to be an easy to use database.
>I know it will also print up labels but I have never set it up for that
>and still have to do my own labels.  I believe the Sanibel (Bailey
>Matthews) Museum also uses this database and they have it set up for
>labels.  I have been working with it for almost a year and there are
>still a few little glitches I haven't resolved.  But the work goes on.
>
>Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA

Peter Egerton, Vancouver, Canada
Collector of worldwide Mollusca