From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 06:53:33 PST
Dear Lynn, Dear Conch-l, and - lers,

First I want to wish from all my heart Happy Birthday to Conch-L.
I find it's very interesting and good to have found a way to get
in contact with other persons who are interested in mollucs, shells,
fossils or whatever, to have found new friends. We Tirolean are
very open, sometimes maybe to open, we have a lot of humour
and so I think there sometimes is missing humour on our line,
except the flying pigs. Another question. Why can't we speak
not about other things too, I think we have other common hobbies
too, as music or  sports and many other topics. I think we can learn
from each other, not only from shells, but also from private life, which
seems to be very nice and interesting too.
Dear Lynn, thank you best for the great informations of the flying pigs.
I hope that nobody has understood the joke and the comparison with
me and the flying pigs. Indeed I am y client f of netWING and a little
corpulent as a pig, so I made myself to a pig. And what should be
then my mother. It was only my humour and nothing else.
I am a very open person with a lot of humour, but beside I am a serious
collector and scientist. Maybe that in the past I've been annoying
to some members of our group, but I hope it's better now. So there
shouldn't be in the future any attacks of conchlers to other, sometimes
boring questions, as to some of our young James. I like his questions
and I think it's very fine to have young people who are interested in
our common hobby, science or whatever.
So I wish us for the future the same collaboration, maybe with some
more humour, and the same agilities as in the past.
with best shelling greetings
Helmut from Innsbruck, the Austrian red white red flying pig.