From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:44:47 -0800
Hello all!

Let's all take a deep breath . . . There, doesn't that feel better now?

Here's a Pecten question for you guys (and ladies, of course). Anyone out
there ever find Euvola ziczac snorkeling or diving? Another Conch-L regular
tells me a diver he knows has seen hundreds on sandy spots offshore in the
Gulf of Mexico. Considering how hard they are to find if you want to buy
one (you know many dealers that have a lot of nice specimens?), this seems
hard to believe.

Just curious. Now that I have a boat, I'm hoping to do a lot of diving in
the Gulf this summer. I'm wondering if this species is found this far north
(various sources give conflicting information). I know E. raveneli is up
here since I have found the flat valves among the Argopecten gibbus that
are brought in by the scallop boats (I should say were, since calico
scalloping has come to a screeching halt here; I think they just may have
fished them all out!).

I would appreciate any and all responses, observations, and information.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Jim Miller
Tallahassee, Florida