From:
Amy Lyn Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 07:55:21 -0500
FYI:

********************************** Fauna  Sinica
>Phylum  Mollusca
>Class Gastropoda
>Order Mesogastropoda
>Superfamily Cypraeacea
>*************************************** Chinese Edition with English
>Abstracts(P.251-P.264 English)
>Edited by Ma Xiutong  1997 / ISBN: 7-03-005576-4 283 pages with 95
>figures+ XII  plates 187x260mm /hardback Price: US$45+US$8(postage)    The
>present volume deals with the  Cypraeacea(Mullsca: Gastropoda ). The
>material for studying was based on the  collection from the intertidal and
>continental shelf of China Sea by the  Institute of Oceanology, Academia
>Sinica in the past years. It includes 142  species and subspecies
>belonging to 4 families: Cypraeidae, Ovulidae, Eratoidae  and Triviidae,
>44 genera and 44 subgenera, of which 9 species are identified as  new to
>science and 5 are recorded for the first time from China  Seas.

> ******************************************Fauna  Sinica
>Phylum Mollusca
>Class  Gastropoda
>Subclass  Opisthobranchia
>Order  Cephalaspidea
>************************************************* Chinese Edition with
>English Abstracts  (p.185 - p. 200 English):
>Edited by Lin Guanguy 1997/ISBN: 7-03-005635-3 246pages with 28 plates
>Hardback/187x260mm Price: US$35+US$8 (postage)
>A total of 146 species  belonging to 45 genera in 25 families are recorded
>and described,  of which  9 species are recorded for the first time from
>China.  This volume  comprises two main parts, in the first part, general
>accounts of historical  review of the studies, external morphology and
>internal structure( including  digestive, nervous, reproductive,
>circulatory, respiratory and excretory  systems), general
>biology(including food and feeding, locomotion, defence, life  cycles,
>reproduction and larval development), phylogeny and faunal
>characteristics, and tendency of Opisthobranchia differentiation  are
>described. In the second part, detailed account of the Chinese Cephalaspid
>fauna  including diagnosis, morphiological and biological characteristics,
>and  geographical distribution of each species, as well as the keys to all
>taxonomic  categories, are given.

> ********************************Fauna Sinica
>Phylum  Mollusca
>Class Cephalopode
> *************************** Chinese edition
>Edited by Dong Zhengzhi  1987 /ISBN: 7-03-000068-4  201 pages with 124
>figures  Price: US$35+US$6(Postage)
>Totally 79 species  belong to 43 genera in 24 families which lived in
>China seas are recorded and  described in this volume.

>************************************** Fauna Sinica
>Phylum  Mollusca
>Order Mytiloida   size=2>187x260mm/hardback/US$37+US$7(postage)
>>**************************************

How to Order !
>*************************************
>*  Mail Order: Huayu Center for Environmental Information  Services
>   P.O.Box 4088, Beijing 100001, P.R. China.
>*Fax  Order:  +86-10-68575909   Tel: +86-10-68415522  ext.6757
>E-mail order: [log in to unmask]
>Delivery:  We  shall send the book to you on receipt of the book
>immediately after receiving  your order.
>Payment:  check, bank transfer or international post  money on receipt of
>book.

Amy Edwards, Program Coordinator ------ [log in to unmask]

Museum of Natural History        --------        phone (706) 542-4137
University of Georgia            --------            FAX 706-542-3920
Athens, GA 30602-1882       --------       http://museum.nhm.uga.edu/
"A man's mind, stretched by new ideas, can never go back to its original
dimensions."             Oliver Wendell Holmes