From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 07:42:58 PDT
It's very difficult to speak about favourite shells. Maybe favourite
shells for catching eyes are the real beautiful and famous Cypraeas, as Cypraea aurantium, guttata, valentia and so on,
the colorful Conidae or Pectens,  but then there are the favourite shells,
which are "only very very nice" like my personal beloved micros
for their structure (Manzonia crassa - look photo on my homepage) and some miniature bivalves of the Mediterranean.
Look at some pretty small landshells. These are favourites
for me, too. But my eyes are catching the most colorful landshells
from the Philippines as well. But maybe they are not my favourites, but it's important to have them in a collection, specially
in the museums collection to show the lovers and intersted persons of shells the marvellous nature. I want to distinguish
between most outstanding shells for their color or shape,
beautiful shells, very very nice ones (who should like everybody)
and shells who falls into the category not so beloved as other
ones. Maybe these are ugly, as one of our conchlers meant.
Please tell me which shells are ugly, I think only a few nudes of
our garden, but only to take in the hands. Only a few people are
ugly, sure me too.
with best shelling greetings
Helmut

Helmut Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone and fax: 0443 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
url: www.netwing.at/nisters/

or

Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck

malacological collection
Feldstr. 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86-37