From:
Karen Vanderven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 21:48:08 -0400
So on the three shells I'd take ( and by the way enjoying the
discussion about threes and thirds):

* The chicoreus dilectus florifer I found in the Abacos in 1994,
the last shell of the day before we shellers were  to get back in
the boat ( remember, Bobbi & JIm ?)  I called this the murex
to die for - it is the frilliest one I have ever seen and is dark brown.
It's displayed in a
plastic container that a radio head set came in -these are perfect for
one shell displays.  My cypraea aurantium is in another

* The junonia I was given in 1952 by Mrs. H. Taylor Raines in Ft
Myers beach ( already written about that)

* The lions paw pair - orangy red and knobby I found diving off
Panama Beach in 1993- got down to the bottomof the anchor line,
abot 80 ft. - and there they were just sitting there.

I should probably say I'd take my vexillum laterculatum found
in the Bahamas - I think the most valuable shell I've ever self
collected - but the above three stand.

Karen VV