From:
Erick Staal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 08:48:56 +0200
Hello Laurent,

There are three places on the North Coast and one on the South Coast that I really do recommend:

North Coast:

1) St.Jacut de la Mer. Plage de Rougeret and tidal flat between Island and Beach.
    Collected almost 200 species there.
2) Fisheries harbour of Erquy. Here many offshore species can be collected at low tide walking between the fishing boats. Different things in different seasons.
3) Grande Plage of St.Cast-Le Guildo. This is a more erratic beach but on a good day Calliostoma granulatum and big C.zizyphinum among many other species can be found here. There has to be Laminaria and that sort
of weed on the beach though.
Also sometimes big shell banks with living Nucula and beautiful Shell Grit can be had here.

South Coast:

1) Presqu'ile de Quiberon. Especially the sandy East coast. Sometimes great Shell Grit can be found. On the oyster beds it is sometimes possible to collect a mediterranean Gibbula. Ask for permission though!!

I hope you'll have a good shelling trip.

Sincerely, Erick